Cold laser therapy is a type of non-invasive treatment that applies low-intensity laser light (a.k.a. Low-Level Laser Therapy) to stimulate cellular function and promote healing. Do you live in Stratford, CT, or the surrounding areas and suffer from back issues and pain? Dr. Keumhong Yoo of Back to Health Chiropractic of Stratford can help you identify the source of the pain, stiffness, or immobility and create a personalized chiropractic treatment plan that may include cold laser therapy, among others.
What is Cold Laser Therapy?
Cold laser therapy uses photo-biomodulation therapy, which refers to using a handheld device that emits specific light wavelengths that do not generate heat. Cold laser therapy is applied through clothing or directly to the skin – depending on the area in need of treatment.
The most common types of lasers used are red and near-infrared lasers. The frequency of the treatment – which can range from a few minutes to multiple sessions over a scheduled period, will be contingent on the condition.
Cold Laser Therapy – Key Aspects & Therapeutic Effects
Cold laser therapy has been used to manage various conditions, including musculoskeletal injuries (sprains, strains, and tendonitis), joint disorders (such as osteoarthritis), wound healing, neuropathic pain, and certain dermatological conditions.
- When provided by a trained healthcare professional, cold laser therapy is generally considered safe. As noted, this therapy is non-invasive, with no pain/discomfort felt during treatment.
- When low-intensity laser light is applied to the targeted/affected area, the light energy is absorbed by chromophores (especially mitochondria), the power source of all cells. This biochemical interaction stimulates various cellular processes and reactions, leading to therapeutic effects.
- Cold laser therapy can effectively treat and offer solutions to pain management, tissue repair, inflammation, and circulation issues.
- Therapeutic effects offered by cold laser therapy include –
- o Pain Relief Cold laser therapy often reduces pain as it decreases inflammation and encourages endorphins to be released.
- o Tissue Healing Cellular metabolism is enhanced by light energy, promoting the regeneration and repair of tissue and other healing properties.
- o Reduced Inflammation Cold laser therapy has the potential to decrease inflammation.
- o Increased Circulation Cold laser therapy can enhance blood flow and circulation within the lymphatic system. This helps deliver oxygen and nutrients (and carries away waste) to aid healing.
Contact Stratford, CT’s Cold Laser Therapy Specialist Today
Pain and stiffness or reduced mobility do not have to cramp your active lifestyle. Contact Dr. Yoo or a member of the Back to Health Chiropractic of Stratford at 203-381-9703 and online. We look forward to helping create a plan that gets you moving pain-free.